Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

sree_12
Frequent Visitor

Dynamic Calculation of Percentiles

Hi all,

I need your help in Calculation of Percentiles based on values selected. 

I have matrix visual displays state/county (with drill-down option) and vote counts as measure. Another calculated measure (which is defined as "1" in the file as a placeholder) is to be added, which will take the values 1, 2, 3, and 4 depending on the percentile range in which the vote count of the state falls
1  -- < 25th percentile
2  -- 25th percentile to 50th percentile
3  -- 50th percentile to 75th percentile
4  -- > 75th percentile

The vote counts and percentile range should change depending on the party selection on the slicer

If one state is selected, the votes by county of the selected state are to be displayed with percentile range for the counties as defined above.
(So, I need percentile calculation dynamically...if states are being displayed, calculate percentile of the states and if drill down to counties, then calculate percentile for counties based on selected state)

Hope this explains.
Thanks for your help.!!
PowerBI Help.PNG

5 REPLIES 5
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Are the percentile ranges equidistant? meaning if you have five ranges, are they for a 20% interval each, for 8 ranges 12.5% each etc?

Or are the ranges differently distributed?

Hi @lbendlin,

Thanks for your response.

The current requirement is for the four ranges, 25% each.

As you know, something in the .25 percentile is also in the .75 percentile.  How do you want to handle that? should the results be mutually exclusive (ie they can sum up to the total) or can they be overlapping (and do not sum up nicely) ?

Vote count for any state can be only in one of the percentile ranges. 25%, 50% and 75% percentile values are numbers between the minimum vote count and the maximum vote count (from the list of vote counts by state). Is my understanding correct?

@lbendlin Yes this is right assumption, @Nagaian Thanks for your response.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.