Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

PelaezLink
Helper I
Helper I

Create a landing page with custom login to view the report

Hello everyone.

I am having an issue with my report. We have a finish report that is supposed to work kind of like an app-dashboard. Basically we will distribute the report to nearly 300 users, each one should be able to view only the info of their company and not the rest, but the report is the same one to everyone. Doing this is just applying a filter in one of the tables to keep just the rows for that company. The thing is that the users are external so I cannot use the integrated RLS with the pro version, as we can't even assume that they will have a Power BI account. So the only solution I could come up with is createing a landing page where I would only embed the report in a public way. Previous to that I would have a login page created from scratch probably in JS where the user will login with the credentials we give him. When the login is succesfull the page should send the credentials to the report so it can apply the filter of that user and he can only view his data. I am in charge of doing this but to be honest I know the basics of JS but I am not an expert at all. I was wondering if you think this doable, maybe using the Power BI REST API or in any way. I would like to know first if it is even possible at all to do it this way (and if someone has any guidance it would be ideal) before staring with this credentials part. 

Thanks a lot to everyone.

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.