Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

shaikhrida7
Frequent Visitor

Can we capture email of person requesting access to reports in Power Automate?

I have users who request view access to reports all the time. I usually have to send them the same email of instructions on how to properly request access, and I want to automate that with Power Automate.

When a user requests access to a report, I get an email saying 'So and So' [Email] requested Access to Power Bi Report 'SO and SO'.

When I try to get that body to show in Power Automate, it only shows the name, and not the email. Is there a away to fix this or get the email to populate in Power Automate? Capturing the email would allow me to use Power Automate to send any user requesting access the proper instructions in an automated fashion, and I can't be the only one who has thought of this.

Power Automate Email Message From Power Bi.PNG

2 REPLIES 2
v-yangliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @shaikhrida7 ,

If convenient, you can feel free to go to the run history of the original flow you created, click into the latest successful flow run and download the output of the trigger, and you may be able to find any information related to email within the body of the output

vyangliumsft_0-1707893703949.jpeg

If success, you can then use the "parse json" feature to get the correct output from the body and use it to do the next actions

zeitgeistcode.com

vyangliumsft_1-1707893703952.jpeg

Best Regards,

Liu Yang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

'' has requested access

'' has requested access to Power BI Report ''.

This is how it shows up when I download the output, it doesn't show the email to me anymore

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.