Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

ScottFraleyPAC

Can I just create a test report without jumping through all the authentication hoops?

Hey folks,

I'm brand new to Power BI, so please bear with me.

Is there any way to just create a test report, fed by using the Push API(s) without having to jump through a bunch of hoops to get authentication working?

I'm trying to write a Python script to pull the data in question from a SQL Server db table, then Push it into said test report.

In fact, I suppose that's question #2. How do you create a report when the source is a script that's going to push data into said report? (In other words, there's nothing to point this report at so that it can 'know' the fields/columns ahead of time. Short of me telling it of course.)

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,
Scott

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @ScottFraleyPAC,

If I understand you correctly, you should be able use the Streaming Dataset UI to push data and create reports/dashboard based on it in your this scenario. For more details steps, you can refer to this article. Smiley Happy

Regards

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @ScottFraleyPAC,

If I understand you correctly, you should be able use the Streaming Dataset UI to push data and create reports/dashboard based on it in your this scenario. For more details steps, you can refer to this article. Smiley Happy

Regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.