Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

xile015

using a calculated column for conditional column

i have an excel file with 5 columns: name, quiz1, quiz2, quiz3, and quiz4

the name column has the names of the students (unique) and each of the quiz columns have their scores for each quiz

after loading the table to power bi, i used conditional columns to group the scores into four buckets:

below 70
70-79.99
80-89.99
90 and above

from there, i was able to create a pie chart for each quiz to show how many % of the population got below 70, 90 and above, and so on

i need to do the same on a different dashboard but instead of an excel file that i can load into power bi, they have the scores on calculated columns. when i tried creating a conditional column using the calculated columns, they do not appear available in the query editor and not on the conditional column pop up itself.

is there a problem here and is there any workaround?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @xile015,

There isn't a problem in this scenario. The column created in the Data view won't appear in the Query Editor. You can create a Conditional column in the Query Editor instead.

using_a_calculated_column_for_conditional_column

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
sraj
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Just as mentioned above I tried to create a column in the custom column, changed the type to DATE STILL SEE error

= Table.AddColumn(#"Changed Type", "7th", each [Merged] + 7)

sraj_0-1645735909237.png

v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @xile015,

Did you solve it?

Best Regards,

Dale

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

It does not resolve the issue ,when i create new column through formula......it does not appear when i am trying to use it on conditional column

Regards

Vaneet

v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @xile015,

There isn't a problem in this scenario. The column created in the Data view won't appear in the Query Editor. You can create a Conditional column in the Query Editor instead.

using_a_calculated_column_for_conditional_column

Best Regards,

Dale

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.