Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

mdmason
Regular Visitor

passing filters from one page to all subsequent pages

Hoping someone can help.

I have the following situation;

Large number of similar records being filtered on one page to narrow the list down (using slicers), minimum that might appear is roughly ten records, see below where the red line is the record they want to see details for. on this page I currently have a button that works when a single record is selected to drill through into the next page. 

page selection.png

This is the page that is drilled into:

dp1.png

I would then like the user to be able to continue on to the next page, keeping the selected record that was drilled into:

dp2.png

There are roughly 10 pages to the report. my issue is, the pages are all informational and there is nothing to select on each page to enable a drilldown to the next page.

how do I navigate this? the users would like to be able to swap between pages using just the next (and previous) buttons.

let me know if you need more detail. Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

thanks for your reply, I ended up faking a slicer that looked like a table by having the slicer to the left, table to the left and styling them to look more or less indentical, down to the ordering and row height. works for now while I create a true custom visual to do the same.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@mdmason , I tried more than one level here, see if that can help

Power BI Drill Through - More than one level: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCAAvpppQmk

thanks for that, the first part (drilling from the master to the first detail page, is how I have it set up at present, however on the second page (in my report) there will be nothing for the user to select (so no right click to drill down), this is my issue, I want to be able to get from master page, to first detail page and then to a further detail page with just a button press on the second (no selecting anything).

Hi @mdmason,

According to your description, I think the drill-through filter may not be suitable for your requirement.

I'd like to suggest you combo use drill through filter, bookmark, and sync slicers to achieve cross-page values pass/receive.

Create report bookmarks in Power BI to share insights and build stories - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Slicers in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Docs
Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

thanks for your reply, I ended up faking a slicer that looked like a table by having the slicer to the left, table to the left and styling them to look more or less indentical, down to the ordering and row height. works for now while I create a true custom visual to do the same.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.