Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Vos
Frequent Visitor

merging queries shows 0 matching

screen.PNG

Hello all, this is my first time posting here, I am a student and for a project for school I am trying to solve this. I am trying to merge the queries for creating a connection, but it shows 0 matching from the main table, its so weird because when I go to look for a specific projectnumber it is on both sides so I don't get it.

FYI i tryed all types of joines but it still comes with 0 and I deleted duplicates and nulls on the PrProject)Test.  I tried the fuzzy checkmark but it kept loading..

4 REPLIES 4
MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @Vos 

Are you doing ok or are you only focusing on the result that you have on the window you present? Check if after the ok when you do the expand if the column is null or if you have values.

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @Vos ,

Your information on both the tables seems different since one only shows numbers and the other numbers and letters, but assuming this is because of the number of rows we see in the preview, be sure that both column on the tables you want to merge have the same data type in this case believe it should be text.

Regards

Miguel Félix

Vos
Frequent Visitor

@MFelix 

Hi MFelix, they are both Text in type, and yes its correct there are project that start with only numbers, some have P and then numbers example

P1444
PR1444444

PR144-01

Can this naming convention be the cause of it?

Hi @Vos ,

If the naming convention is the same in both tables everything should work properly, or are you using tables with different namings for the same project?

Regards

Miguel Félix

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.