Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Yagevendra
Helper IV
Helper IV

incremental Refresh isn't working

Hello all,

I am trying to implement an incremental refresh on Power Bi. My data source is hive tables. Have created 2 parameters in Power Query RangeStart and RangeEnd and pass them to the data/time column.

All other settings were done on Power Bi desktop.

When I publish the report in the service and update the data, it takes a long time as expected.

To the incremental refresh is working or not have loaded the Power Bi Dataset in SSMS. I found the file with partition on each date. It seems that all settings are correct, but I still do not know why it takes so long.

While going through the settings again its displaying on the incremental setting page.
unable to confirm if the M query can be folded.

Can you please help here how can i fix this problem.

The data is huge in Hive tables so I have loaded in Power Bi using SQL query.

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Yagevendra , Make sure, Range filter is used in beginning just after the first change Type step (Make sure date are made datetime in first change type

Hi @amitchandak, I tried to exect same as you explained but the same thing happens view native query option is still in grayed out and the same message I can see while setting the incremental update. see attach images below.

I can not apply any step in power query to implement incremental refresh? We required to change date to date/time datatype once i applied, Native query grayed out and unable to confirm if the M query can be folded is still there.

Yagevendra_0-1680179206164.png

Yagevendra_1-1680179304808.png

Is there any option in power query, So i can change at least data type and applied incremental refresh?

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.