Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

asad-mustafa-dc

hide slicer from a visualization

I have 3 pages on my Power BI desktop dashboard. I am using matrix visualization and slicer on each page. The slicer used on each page is different. 

What I want is to apply the slicer to use it as a filter on my matrix visualization, but then I wish to hide the slicer so it won't appear on my report. When I am using Syn Slicer option, it's not doing the desireable output.

Any solution for that?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

If you don't already have a date table in your model, I would def add one. There is a link to my favorite in this blog post: http://powerbiwithme.com/2023/08/01/the-custom-date-table-edition/. Once you have a date table with the right fields in your model and joined to your fact table, you could use the field that is Year and quarter to filter: 

audreygerred_0-1695910720016.png

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
audreygerred
Super User
Super User

If you are saying you want to filter the matrix and save it that way for the report users and you do not want them to be able to see or interact with the filter, click the matrix you want to filter to activate it, add the field you want to filter by (if not already there) to the Filter Pane under 'Filters on this visual', filter to what you want, then click the icon on the filter that looks like an eye - this will hide it from report users.

This is unhidden: 

audreygerred_0-1695907965930.png

This is hidden

audreygerred_1-1695907997157.png

If this solves your issue, please mark as solution.

@audreygerred Thanks for you reply.

I have tried this as well.

I have the filter pane below. So now what I wany is to select Years 2014, 2015, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, and up to 3 quarters of 2022. Like I want to include all 4 quarters for all the years and only to include first 3 quarters of year 2022. So I am unable to achieve this resuly from my Filters pane.

asadmustafadc_0-1695909702334.png

If you don't already have a date table in your model, I would def add one. There is a link to my favorite in this blog post: http://powerbiwithme.com/2023/08/01/the-custom-date-table-edition/. Once you have a date table with the right fields in your model and joined to your fact table, you could use the field that is Year and quarter to filter: 

audreygerred_0-1695910720016.png

Thanks a million @audreygerred 

Thia really makes sense. I will add a new column by converting dates into Quarter and Year as a single field, rather than 2 separate. Thanks

You're very welcome! Glad I could help!

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.