Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

sloth

disabling the MS Account Login Form

Hi

A few users in our organization need to use PowerBI Desktop for a one off task. Dont ask me more, because i dont know more about it.

As a matter of fact, these poeple dont need to login to ms accoutn to do what they need to do with the tool.

Is there a way to disable the login form alltogether?

Im not talking about the ShowLeadGenDialog Registry setting, thats not helping in this case. Its about the ms account login.

How can i disable this?

7 REPLIES 7
v-yueyunzh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi , @sloth 

In Power BI Desktop , there is no way to disable the login form. You can configure the Login form to your web browser in "File-Options and Settings - Options" :

image.png

Then it will open in web browser not in Power BI Desktop.

Best Regards,

Aniya Zhang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

hmm, yeha but i wamt it to not open at all.

Also, this isnt really practical since these setting for whatever reason unbeknowenst to any reasonable beeing gets written into a ZIP File of all things. 

What is the intended way to manage these settings in a corporate environment?

Hi , @sloth 

I've consulted the documentation and you can see if the following documents can help you:

How admins can manage the Power BI Desktop sign-in form - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

You can try to update the regedit in the computer by following this document. (shortcut key: Win+R and then open the window,enter: regedit)

Best Regards,

Aniya Zhang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

no they can not help me. and ive allready said so in the Original Post.

ShowLeadGenDialog

IS for the signup form, not the login form for the MS account.

Also the question still stands. How to manager preferences in a corporate environment? I cant find ADMX or any other kind of management capability.

Hi , @sloth 

If you are a Power BI Pro licensee, you can create a support ticket for free and a dedicated Microsoft engineer will come to solve the problem for you.

It would be great if you continue to share in this issue to help others with similar problems after you know the root cause or solution.

The link of Power BI Support: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

For how to create a support ticket, please refer to https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-create-a-support-ticket-in-Power-BI/ba-p/6830...

Best Regards,

Aniya Zhang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@sloth , For Power BI Desktop they can work without login. if you have created an office login, they can use free power bi account. Check admin.microsoft.com should show free power bi users

yeah i know they can work without login. my question is can i disable the login prompt alltogether?

im talking about this prompt: 

sloth_0-1665577345110.png

can i just have it not come up at all?

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.