Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

bc2022
Frequent Visitor

data modeling question

Hello,

Could I please have some suggestions on the data modeling? I am trying to build a data model for a report which customer only requires the most updated data to be shown. So the dataset will only include the most up-to-date data. With this requirement, is it ok if I do not include a date table in the model as I don't see there is any need to use time intelligence function on the report. 

The other question is I have a staff dimension table including staff info and a fact table having metrics and indicators related to staff. Staff Id is used as a key to link them. As indicators are also the most updated information, the relationship between staff and fact table is 1 to 1, instead of 1 to many. Is this doable or I need to somehow create a one to many relationship instead?

Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
ribisht17
Super User
Super User

@bc2022 

1. You can go ahead without DATE table if you are sure that you are not going to use date functions

2.1:1 is possible

Regards,

Ritesh

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.