Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

create measures to sum up certains accounts in power bi

Hi All PowerBI expert,

I have following tables:
1. main transaction table [account_id, transaction_id, amount, date]

2. account table [account_id, name, account_group_id]

3. account group table [account_group_id, name]

4. a calendar table [Date, day, month,year ...etc]

I need to create a measure to sum up value from certain accounts and account group.

Eg:

I need calculate value by summing up following:

1. account group 1 -[ sum of account A and B]

2. account group 2 -[account C and D]

3. account F

4. account A

you can see 3 -Account F and 4 - Account 4 are on lower level in hierachy

account A is also part of account group 1

Is it possible to create a measure/measures to sum up 1,2,3,4 together and display in a bar chart with year as the x axis?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
v-angzheng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Could you please consdier sharing more details about it or a simple sample file without any sesentive information for further discussion?

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Zeon Zheng

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous at this point it will be easier if you share sample data and expected output. FYI Read this post to get your answer quickly.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/ba-p/38490

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous not sure in 1st and 2nd case, you want to group all the accounts in that groups and subtract Account a and b in the first case and account c and d in 2nd case? Is that correct understanding?

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi Thanks for replying.

I want to calculate the value = sum(account group 1+account group 2+account A+account F)

account A also appear in account group 1 so if I represent the formula with accounts only, it would be like this:

value = sum(account A+ account B + account C+account D+account A+account F)

is there an efficient to create a measure using the relationship to produce the formula with both account groups and account?

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.