Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Akhey
Frequent Visitor

collecting data from smart sensors (from Alexa, Tuja or Google home) to power bi

Dear Experts,

i have done some research about this topic on the last several weeks. And i still cant actualy imagine, why it can be so difficult.

Sensors that IP-Based industrial communcation protocol costs above 150€ and that sensors have their own website. you can access it from browser and therefore it is not a big deal to get those data to power bi.

In the other hand, smart device like this about 20€ on ama**n i cheap, precise enough and easy to install. the problem is, once they are connected to a cloud-service "x" you can "only" get the data from the cloud service "x". and hope "x" offers automatic data export to your power bi.

what you you think guys, i belive there is an easy way to intercept the data and let the power bi or query read it and visualize on dashboard. 
best regards

Ahey

1 REPLY 1
jgeddes
Super User
Super User

This sounds like a use case for a Power Automate flow.

While "easy" is a relative term, it should be pretty straight forward to intiate an Automate flow to pull the data from the cloud service and save it where you want Power BI to access it.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.