Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

woshi_eads
Helper I
Helper I

cannot use Extended customization for data labels

Hi Team,

Referring the update blog,

What's new in the latest Power BI update - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Power BI December 2023 Feature Summary | Microsoft Power BI Blog | Microsoft Power BI

we can use Extended customization for data labels, but I cannot find that option in my desktop.

My version : 2.124.1554.0 64-bit 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-jingzhan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @woshi_eads  

Which visual are you using? These enhancements are available across Columns, Bars, Lines, and Ribbon charts. When you use one of these chart visuals, you can explore the Data Labels section of the Format pane. Expand the Title, Value, Detail and Layout cards in Data Labels section to experience the new feature. Here is a detailed blog introducing this feature: Enhanced data label (linkedin.com) You can provide your feedback there too! 

vjingzhanmsft_0-1705375649839.png

Best Regards,
Jing
If this post helps, please Accept it as Solution to help other members find it. Appreciate your Kudos!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
woshi_eads
Helper I
Helper I

so , currently, line and stacked column chart is not supported yet right?

Based on my test, line and stacked column chart visual is supported.

Hi @woshi_eads 

Add one column or measure to Title/Value/Detail cards individually. Note that they all accept only one field at present. Then switch the layout to multi-lines. The arrow symbols are created with unichar in the measure. You can format their colors conditionally per your need. I have attached a simple demo at bottom. Hope it helps!

v-jingzhan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @woshi_eads  

Which visual are you using? These enhancements are available across Columns, Bars, Lines, and Ribbon charts. When you use one of these chart visuals, you can explore the Data Labels section of the Format pane. Expand the Title, Value, Detail and Layout cards in Data Labels section to experience the new feature. Here is a detailed blog introducing this feature: Enhanced data label (linkedin.com) You can provide your feedback there too! 

vjingzhanmsft_0-1705375649839.png

Best Regards,
Jing
If this post helps, please Accept it as Solution to help other members find it. Appreciate your Kudos!

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.