Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Vane

can't import data from a password-protected workbook!

Hi there. When importing from a excel file i get this error but the file é not protected with a pw!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Vane

although when importing the error appears as a password-protected file, the truth is that it was a macro problem. i had to extract the sheet with the data I wanted through VBA to a clean file and then import. thank you all

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Vane

although when importing the error appears as a password-protected file, the truth is that it was a macro problem. i had to extract the sheet with the data I wanted through VBA to a clean file and then import. thank you all

Gabriel_Walkman
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

How did you import it?

I chose "import from Excel". I must say tthe file has macros/VBA programing aplied.

Vane_1-1625738107600.png

Hi, @Vane 

PowerBI doesn't support to connect to protected excel files with Power BI directly.

Given that passwords are not that secure in Excel anyway (there are many tools online that can crack Excel passwords), it is suggest to delete them and move these files to a secure folder accessible to restricted people.

You can also vote up this idea .If there are enough votes, the Product Team will evaluate and take good consideration about it.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.