Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

snoopyine
Frequent Visitor

bar chart show top5 but not sort by average

Hi,

I have following problem:

I will create a bar chart and this chart only show the top5-products which have the biggest sales volumne in the year 2017. In the chart I would like to see the sales amount for the year 2015 - 2017. The problem is , I see the top5-products on average the last  three years (2015-2017) in my chart.

How can I show it in the chart or it is not possible?

Thanks for your help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @snoopyine,

Which column you use to apply top filter on visual?(sum of sales or max of sales?)

I'd like to suggest write a measure with specific summary mode of sales, then modify product filter to 'topn' and use measure as filter condition.

12.PNG

Notice:

1. You can also change summary mode of sales column to display with different summary mode.

2. Above sample may has the similar max value so it returns 6 result.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @snoopyine,

Which column you use to apply top filter on visual?(sum of sales or max of sales?)

I'd like to suggest write a measure with specific summary mode of sales, then modify product filter to 'topn' and use measure as filter condition.

12.PNG

Notice:

1. You can also change summary mode of sales column to display with different summary mode.

2. Above sample may has the similar max value so it returns 6 result.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.