Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

chateaunoirrr

Way to store data automatically on a calendar Power BI

Hello everyone,

I need to implement a calendar that displays data for 12 months and the last month of those 12 months and the current month (it is May 15, 2023 so the calendar will display data between May 2022 and May 2023). The calendar is dynamic: when we are in June 2023 then the first month of our calendar will be June 2022 but I need the data from May 2022, which will no longer be accessible, to get the data from June 2022. Do you have any idea how to store data progressively and automatically on power BI? The data I want to store progressively corresponds to a column "A" which contains data in integer format.

Thank you in advance

1 REPLY 1
BiNavPete
Resolver III
Resolver III

Hi @chateaunoirrr 

This link shows how to generate a DAX date table from given years.

It is recommended practice to have full calendar years in the date table. Not sure why, but probably has something to do with the way time intelligence calculations work.

So on that basis you could derive the years to include as MINYear and MAXYear from your Integer date

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos !! Happy to help!!

Pete
Web: https://binavigation.com
Linked In: https://www.linkedin.com/in/pete-smith-955b73181

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.