Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

kritilodha

Waterfall chart issue

Hi,

I have created a waterfall chart with beginning and ending value as well as the bridge showing variance. Looks like this - PyQ and CQ are Previous Year Quarter and Current Quarter market share for a particular company. And the bridges in between are the share variance related to the segment - commercial and consumer.

kritilodha_0-1665717307878.png

The above chart works fine when I have more than 2 data points in between the beginning and ending value (like in the above chart where there are values for both commercial and consumer). However, when I filter out on a particular country which has only consumer data, the chart doesn't show me the market share for the company - it just shows me the variance - look below - 

kritilodha_1-1665717498220.png

The formula that I have used is this - 

Waterfall Bridge Share change SEGMENT =
VAR ShareLY = CALCULATE([Company Share %], PARALLELPERIOD('Calendar'[Date],-4,QUARTER))

RETURN

SWITCH(SELECTEDVALUE('Walk CQ'[Walk]),"PYQ",

SWITCH(SELECTEDVALUE(PC[Segment]),"Consumer",-1*[Segment ShareVariance], "Commercial",-1*[Segment ShareVariance],

ShareLY
),
"CQ",
SWITCH(SELECTEDVALUE(PC[Segment]),"Consumer",0,"Commercial",0,
[Company Share %]))

Can someone pls help me sort out the issue I am facing in the second chart? I would like to be able to see the PYQ and CQ market share along with the share variance for consumer. What needs to be edited in the formula?

Plssss help!!!!
1 REPLY 1
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @kritilodha,

Perhaps you can try adding '+0' in your formula statements. They will force convert the blank value to zero to keep the calculations.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.