Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

courtin
Regular Visitor

Visual interaction setting not taken into account in Mobile view

Hello,

I the main page I remove the interaction between a slicer and a bar chart visual. On the main view, the bar chart is properly displayed and not changed by the slicer.

When I setup the Mobile display, the bar chart is modified by the slicer.

I don't see any menu to define interactions within the mobile view. Do I miss something or is there a bug?

Thank you very much for your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-chenwuz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @courtin ,

This seems to be a bug. Have submited this issue internal to confirm(ICM: 291383010),would update here as soon as possible if there is any progress about it.

You can disable the preview feature as the following screenshot. File -> Option -> Preview features. And it will work as expected.

vchenwuzmsft_0-1646296167419.png

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ chenwu zhu

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
michalfoster
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

Hi @courtin ,

The support for the Interaction in mobile formatting is available in Desktop April release.
I hope you will find it useful
Thanks,
Michal

v-chenwuz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @courtin ,

This seems to be a bug. Have submited this issue internal to confirm(ICM: 291383010),would update here as soon as possible if there is any progress about it.

You can disable the preview feature as the following screenshot. File -> Option -> Preview features. And it will work as expected.

vchenwuzmsft_0-1646296167419.png

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ chenwu zhu

Hi @courtin ,

Thank you for sharing.

We do have a bug and we are working on a fix.

Meanwhile please be aware that if no change has been done to mobile visual setting in the report (using the new feature “Mobile formatting setting”) , while you will experience the issue in the desktop mobile layout it will work properly when viewing the report in the mobile  app.

Thanks,

Michal

Hello @michalfoster,

Thank you for the info. Unfortunately I had to modify the Visual Font size for the Mobile App.

In the meanwhile, as a workaround, I changed a bit the structure of the data so I could remove the data relationship between the slicer and the bar chart.

Best regards,

Nicolas   

courtin
Regular Visitor

@amitchandak , thats it. I set the inteaction like shown below in the report view

courtin_0-1645548119030.png courtin_1-1645548748363.png

Report view                                                                  Mobile view

The data has a column "Category" with 4 values ("CM1 (M$)", "CM2 (M$)", "CM3 (M$)" and "FTE"), a column "Split" with 2 values ("Allocated" and "Free") and a number column "Value".

The bar charts display sum of Values "Values" with Legend "Split"

The slicer on top has FTE filtered out and selects between CM1 (M$), CM2 (M$), CM3 (M$) for the middle bar chart.

The bottom bar chart is decorrelated from the slicer and is manually filtered on values linked to Category values.

In the report view, the bottom bar chart is empty because it is manually linked to Category "FTE" and at the same time linked to Category "CM1 (M$)" by the slicer.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@courtin , is not following interaction defined in report view ?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.