Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

djs25uk
Helper I
Helper I

Visual Doesn't Appear To Be Showing Correct Data

Dear All

In my table, I have created a column that calculates how many missing donations each person. You can see some of the values here, but not all the rows are visible - basically, the values range from 0-4 for this group of donors.  

djs25uk_1-1605704943143.png

I want to create a visual that shows 'Number of Missing Donations' along the x-axis, for example, 1, 2, 3, 4 and then the count of how many people are missing this many donations on the y-axis:

djs25uk_0-1605704850093.png

It is showing some of the data correctly. The green values are being shown correctly but the reds are not being shown at all. 

Number of Missing DonationsNumber of People

I cannot understand why and I've spent hours looking at the chart/data/properties etc. 

Here is what I am using for the visual:

djs25uk_3-1605705541043.png

Many thanks

Dan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-robertq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @djs25uk 

According to your description, I created some test data, then I can get the expected column chart, you can take a look:

This is my test data:

v-robertq-msft_0-1605772270733.png

I create a column chart and place fields like this, then I applied the filter like this:

v-robertq-msft_1-1605772270746.png

And I can get what you want.

You can download my test pbix file here

If this result is not what you want, you can post some sample data(without sensitive data) and your expected result.

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly 

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Robert Qin

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-robertq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @djs25uk 

According to your description, I created some test data, then I can get the expected column chart, you can take a look:

This is my test data:

v-robertq-msft_0-1605772270733.png

I create a column chart and place fields like this, then I applied the filter like this:

v-robertq-msft_1-1605772270746.png

And I can get what you want.

You can download my test pbix file here

If this result is not what you want, you can post some sample data(without sensitive data) and your expected result.

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly 

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Robert Qin

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@djs25uk , if cc_missing_donationcount is a column and have value 1,2,3,4 , then it is possible. else not possible with this information

Yes, CC_MissingDonationsCount contains 180 rows and the values all range from 0, 1, 2, 3 and 4. Along the x axis should be all the distinct values 1, 2 ,3 , 4 and then on the y-axis should show how many there are for each. This works, but it isn't showing any count for 1 missing donation, yet there should be six. 

When I filter the table of data to inspect it, I can see there are six 1's, but this does not show in the visual at all...

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@djs25uk ,Can you share sample data and sample output in table format? Or a sample pbix after removing sensitive data.

Hi - the first image is the sample data and the second image is the sample output. As a table, the sample output looks like:

djs25uk_0-1605707185617.png

Thanks

Dan

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.