Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

JordanJackson
Advocate II
Advocate II

Using Match Tables to create combined values in visualisations

I am looking to create visuals which combine the values from both tables into one value. I have created my model and match tables, but I can't find a better way when making visuals than in values putting a count of each of the separate tables. For example I have project number, but I have to show these as being project numbers as counts from each of the tables instead of being able to put one value in which shows the data across both tables. 

This does work, but it is janky and leads to issues with visuals. 

How do I get the values from each table to produce a single value. Do I need to add a column to each match table that show the values from both tables? If so how would I go about doing this?

Thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi, I resolved this issue by completely re-making the report but this time appending the data instead. Both tables had many overlapping columns, and so after some formatting they appended together perfectly. This then resolved all of the problems that I was incountering with creating totalled values from both tables and with correcting the way that visuals where behaving. 

Thankyou for your help 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
DataInsights
Super User
Super User

@JordanJackson,

Create a measure for each table, and then a measure that adds the two measures together. Something like this:

Total Measure = [Table 1 Measure] + [Table 2 Measure]

Do you have a master project table (e.g., DimProject)? This table would have a relationship with the two fact tables, and you would use DimProject columns and [Total Measure] in your visuals.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Hi, I resolved this issue by completely re-making the report but this time appending the data instead. Both tables had many overlapping columns, and so after some formatting they appended together perfectly. This then resolved all of the problems that I was incountering with creating totalled values from both tables and with correcting the way that visuals where behaving. 

Thankyou for your help 

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.