Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

claireallen1
Frequent Visitor

Using Data from One Table in Another Table

Hi,

I'm new to Power BI, and I have two table queries, and I want to take a column from one table and enter the data into another table.

I have tried using RELATED but it does not find my table, the table has a relationship, but for some reason and I don't know why I am not able to get the column I need.

Any help would be greatfully received.

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

@claireallen1,

In this case, I would suggest using Edit Queries to merge the two tables to get Modified column. RELATEDTABLE only works in conjuction with numeric values and aggregation, but since Modified is non-numeric column, you cannot use RELATEDTABLE

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@claireallen1,

Have you tried RELATEDTABLE instead? RELATED is used to get data from the one side of a relationship and RELATEDTABLE is used to get data from the many side of a relationship

@Anonymous

Thank you for coming back to me, I am not again 100% sure on what I need to enter on RELATEDTABLE, I do get a little further with this but I think I may be putting the wrong information into the column

Screen Shot of message

Capture.PNG

Thank you

Anonymous
Not applicable

@claireallen1,

Can you share a screenshot of your data model? 

@Anonymous

Is this what you require?

I want to use the Column Modified into another data table

Capture.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable

@claireallen1,

Can you also provide relationship between two tables? It will help decide whether to use RELATED, RELATEDTABLE or something else

@Anonymous

Screen shot of relationship as requested,

Capture.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable

@claireallen1,

In this case, I would suggest using Edit Queries to merge the two tables to get Modified column. RELATEDTABLE only works in conjuction with numeric values and aggregation, but since Modified is non-numeric column, you cannot use RELATEDTABLE

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.