Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

cryptosun
Helper I
Helper I

Urgent Help regarding fetching the Most updated comment Based on 2 columns! (Please HELP)

Dear experts, I am totally disappointed and sad as i have tried everything but without any luck. I would be grateful if you could help.

I have a usecase, In which there is a cloud database table, along with 2 sharepoint lists( which are used to store the comments of 2 users) every user has his own sharepoint list.

The usecase, once a user clicks on an entry in the PBI Report and click on their specific comment button, the powerapp popup comes in, and it fecthes 4 relevant column info in the app and asks for a comment, which is then saved in the sharepoint list.

As mentioned earlier, i have imported the sharepoint list also in the PBI Report to show all the comments made, it is visible in the PBI Dashboard as well. It shows the comments without any issues.

However, I would like to show the most recent comment made, based on those two relevant columns which are Material no and Info column and i would like the previous comment to be either updated with the new comment or either hide the previous with the new one. 

But in the sharepoint the old and new data should be there based on the comments made.

I would be grateful if you could give me a solution to achieve this as its been 2 weeks i have tried numerous toturials, but they didn't help, I am a newbie in powerbi but its very critical for me to do this task asap.

Looking forward to your kind feedback.

2 REPLIES 2
Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

I need help:

As I can do q the trend lines this incomplete is by day, month and week

Axis X is by category if I place it continuous does not allow me to do it as restricted, I have also tried many things but nothing

Capturax.PNG

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Power BI does not currently support real time data write back.  The closest you can get is to store your comments not in a sharepoint list but in a sql server table, that you then connect to in direct query mode from Power BI. NOTE: Requires pro license for PowerApps.

Vote for one of the  ideas.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.