Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Delox

Updating multiple child reports using one parent

I've got a report set up to be accessed by multiple separate groups that each see only their own data.

I'd like to build in the capability to make an edit in a single "parent" dashboard which will then be automatically applied to each of the "child" dashboards, instead of having to make the same edit in 50+ separate reports.

Is there a tool for this?

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Anand24
Super User
Super User

Hi @Delox ,

You can probably try the below 2:

1. Apply Row Level Security in the report so that various groups will see only data they are supposed to view

2. Create multiple reports based on same dataset but filtered by various filtering criteria to show data specific to groups

Give a thumbs up if this post helped you in any way and mark this post as solution if it solved your query !!!

Thank-you Anand24,

The methodology for publishing these reports to show only the applicable data has been pretty much finished. 

My question now is regarding down the road one-off updates like changing the report header, or layout of the chart for example.  I'm curious to know if there is a way to mass-update these reports using a parent-child style relationship.

I'm not even sure of the term for this! 

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.