Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

rachelbabcock
Helper I
Helper I

Unpivoting Measures

Hi!

I've encountered a scenario in which I think I need to unpivot measures and am not sure if that is possible. 

In its current form, the data is displayed in a matrix like this, with each of the columns being a seperate measure:

Measure 1Measure 2Measure 3
Location A   
Location B   

The users have requested a second matrix that would ideally look like this, with each measure as its own "row." 

Location ALocation B
Measure 1  
Measure 2  
Measure 3  

Is this possible? I don't think the values would be correct if I try to replicate those measures as columns.... any advice would be appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

There is a setting under Format called "show on rows" or something like that. Try under the values section.  

* Matt is an 8 times Microsoft MVP (Power BI) and author of the Power BI Book Supercharge Power BI.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
rachelbabcock
Helper I
Helper I

Wow...thank you... clearly was making this more difficult than it needed to be!! Appreciate the heads up because I never would have thougth to check that! 

There is a setting under Format called "show on rows" or something like that. Try under the values section.  

* Matt is an 8 times Microsoft MVP (Power BI) and author of the Power BI Book Supercharge Power BI.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.