Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

powermbz
Frequent Visitor

Unable to import all records from Azure Databricks

Hi folks,

I am trying to connect to Azure Databricks workspace from PowerBI desktop from my local machine and I am facing an error. I am not able to load all the rows, if I limit to certain rows it is working fine. It is throwing below error.

Failed to save modifications to the server. Error returned: 'OLE DB or ODBC error: [DataSource.Error] ERROR [HY000] [Microsoft][Hardy] (35) Error from server: error code: '0' error message: '[Microsoft][Hardy] (134) File 3015594c-55ed-452c-b551-1130d99fc48c: A retriable error occurred while attempting to download a result file from the cloud store but the retry limit had been exceeded

But when I try to access the same data from PowerBI desktop installed in a Azure VM it is working fine and able to retrieve all the records. 

Any leads on solving this error would be of great help. Thanks

1 REPLY 1
v-tangjie-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @powermbz ,

Here are a few steps you can take to troubleshoot and potentially resolve this issue:

1. Check Network Configuration: Ensure that your local machine's network configuration does not restrict or limit connections to Azure services. This includes checking any firewall settings or network policies that might be in place.

2. Increase Timeout Settings: Try increasing the timeout settings in Power BI Desktop when connecting to Azure Databricks. This can sometimes help with issues related to network latency or large data transfers.

3. Optimize Data Model: If the dataset is very large, consider optimizing your data model or limiting the amount of data you're importing into Power BI Desktop. This can be done by filtering the data in the query editor or summarizing the data in Azure Databricks before importing.

4. Ensure that the version of Power BI Desktop on the local computer matches the version in the VM.
  5. Documentation and Guides: For more detailed guidance on connecting to Azure Databricks from Power BI and troubleshooting common issues, I recommend reviewing the following documentation:

Azure Databricks Power Query connector - Power Query | Microsoft Learn

Azure Databricks connector overview - Microsoft Fabric | Microsoft Learn

Best Regards,

Neeko Tang

If this post  helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution  to help the other members find it more quickly. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.