Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Wilsonjr
Frequent Visitor

Unable to find an entry point named 'SyncWriteTraceOrNot' in DLL 'OraOps19.dll'

Attempting to make connection with PowerBI Desktop to an on-prem oracle server. However I am recieving the following error:

Wilsonjr_0-1695386886123.png

I have already attempted reinstalling Oracle 19.3 driver, reinstalled Oracle Client for Microsoft Tools, reinstalled PowerBI desktop to make sure it was the latest version. All still result in the same error.

I do have 3 versions of the oracle driver 

Oracle 19.3 x64

Oracle 19.3 x32 (For on-prem SSIS that is being upgraded to 64 but need 32 for now)

Oracle 12.2 x64 (For Paginated Reports)

Wilsonjr_2-1695387146709.png

Any suggestions or answers would be hugely appreciated! Let me know if you need any extra info!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Alright, I finally found a soution, the issue was my ODAC. I downloaded the latest 19c version of ODAC Xcopy 64 bit and it fixed the issue.

Oracle .NET, Visual Studio, and VS Code ODAC Downloads for Oracle Database

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-zhangti
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Wilsonjr 

Please refer to the following links in the hopes of helping you.
Solved: Unable to connect - We encountered an error while ... - Microsoft Fabric Community

Solved: Unable to connect to Microsoft SQL Server "An Erro... - Microsoft Fabric Community

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Charlotte

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I have attempted to uninstall and reinstall the .net 4.8 framework and restarted my pc and had no luck. Same error appeared. I Also did as the other post recommended and removed existing connections and tried connecting from a blank powerBI file. Additioally I cleared all cache. All resulted in the same "Unable to find an entry point named 'SyncWriteTraceOrNot' in DLL 'OraOps19.dll" error.

Alright, I finally found a soution, the issue was my ODAC. I downloaded the latest 19c version of ODAC Xcopy 64 bit and it fixed the issue.

Oracle .NET, Visual Studio, and VS Code ODAC Downloads for Oracle Database

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.