Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

zctpklo
Frequent Visitor

UK Filled Map (Regions are Way Too Small)

So basically I have a postcode for each customer (I have hidden the sensitive info + some of the data is damaged / poor, but that shouldn't affect what I am talking about now) and I used a file I got off of the internet to determine, based on the postcode prefix, where a postcode's region was. I managed to get matches, but the problem I face is that when I use the filled map, it shows some regions like scotland and wales fine, but London is absolutely tiny (in terms of the fill) and some other places just aren't showing up. I'm very confused and so was wondering if someone could help me out with this. Thanks.

Attachment (includes PBIX file and data): https://filebin.net/ndkwnadrn9hw6wgp/For_Power_BI_Forum.zip?t=zv3fo1ab

Here is a picture of the issue I am talking about (I know the blanks are due to bad data, just ignore them):

Image for Forum.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
HotChilli
Super User
Super User

It's not always easy to get these maps to behave as we like.

Maps and Filled Maps get resolved by Bing . The only influence you have from powerbi is the data categorisation and/or manipulate the data to add or subtract info to make them work e.g. add in 'UK' to the field to help .

There's a page in the powerbi help with maps tips and tricks.

In this case the Map visual works better than the Filled Map.

If you want complete control, you can use the Shape Map (if one exists for NUTS regions of the UK) 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HotChilli
Super User
Super User

It's not always easy to get these maps to behave as we like.

Maps and Filled Maps get resolved by Bing . The only influence you have from powerbi is the data categorisation and/or manipulate the data to add or subtract info to make them work e.g. add in 'UK' to the field to help .

There's a page in the powerbi help with maps tips and tricks.

In this case the Map visual works better than the Filled Map.

If you want complete control, you can use the Shape Map (if one exists for NUTS regions of the UK) 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.