Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

karthi_power_bi
Frequent Visitor

Top10 and Others ( Multiple slicers & Multiple Measures)

All,

I have a table with 6 dimensions and Curr Month Cost, YTD Cost, Full Year Cost.

6 Dimensions are:

Finance Function

Finance Segment

Finance Sub Segment

Cost Center

Platform

Program

Platform or Program can be span across multiple times with other 4 different dimension and its total cost.

say for example, Program 1 can be like this

Program Name  Function    Segment       Sub_Segment    Cost Center     Curr_Month    YTD    Full Year Cost

Program1           XYZ            GBS              GBS_Sub            10002               1000               5000    10000

Program1           XYZ            GBS              GBS_Sub            10003               2000               3000      8000

Program1           XYY            GBS              GBS_Sub            10002               6000               50000    100000

Program1           XYY            KBS              KBS_Sub            10000                  100                 500      1000

I have 4 slicers

Finance Function 

Finance Segment

Finance Sub Segment

Cost Center

If I select any slicer value then my table output show the Top 10 Programs and 'Others' based on Total Year Cost.

Expected Output:

Program   CurrMonth YTD Total Year

Program1 

Program 2

Others

The above output should change if any 4 slicers were selected, if nothing was selected then it should show Top10 without any slicer value applied.

Second things, it is not only Program..We also need to show 'Platform'... I have to switch my table's first column based on the 5th slicer ( Field Parameter). i.e., Platform or Program.

So the requirement is to show Top 10 Platfrom or Program in a table chart with 'Others' with 3 measures ( Curr Month, YTD & Total Year Cost - It should be used in Ranking)

I saw some videos 'DAX Pattern' series and other articles and tried to implement those solutions, but nothing worked so far...So I need the help of experts here...

3 REPLIES 3
karthi_power_bi
Frequent Visitor

any inputs?

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@karthi_power_bi , refer my video, if that can help

Power BI- Power BI- TOPN with Others- https://youtu.be/I_TY4hVlzAE

No, It is not working for my requirement...

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.