Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ChrisL567

Timesheet reporting and linking on dates

Good morning all, I'm confusing myself and could do with a little guidance please.

I'll start by saying I'm a complete novice on PowerBI and have muddled my way through things up until this point for the last few months. Let me try to explain what I am trying to achieve.

I want to create a timesheet report, which ultimately tell me if people haven't submitted a timesheet for a given day (for the moment I'm ignoring bank holidays).

So I have 4 tables which hold relevant information.

Calendar (which holds my date field)

People (Email address, PersonID)

TimesheetRecords (PersonID, Date, Hours Submitted) [this actually has a project code, but I'm not interested in that, I'm just returning a sum of hours submitted for the day)

So my first step works fine, I have my table build and it shows me date, email and total hours (example data below)..

DateEmailHours
30/11/2023user1@email.com7.5
30/11/2023user2@email.com6
30/11/2023user3@email.com2
30/11/2023user4@email.com0

I now need to link to my 4th table, as you can see, I only have a start & end date, along with hours per day.

ChrisL567_1-1701344666219.png

Ultimately, what I want to report on is users where the sum of hours on timesheets and vacation hours on a given day is zero (excluding weekends - I'll worry about bank holidays another day).

I've linked my tables in the model, using Calendar.Date to Vacation.StartDate as the active relationship, and an inactive relationship of the Calendar.Date to Vacation.EndDate - but this breaks my results completely.

Could anyone help out a novice and point me in the right direction please?

1 REPLY 1
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Please provide sample data that covers your issue or question completely, in a usable format (not as a screenshot).

Do not include sensitive information or anything not related to the issue or question.

If you are unsure how to upload data please refer to https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-provide-sample-data-in-the-Power-BI-...

Please show the expected outcome based on the sample data you provided.

Want faster answers? https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Desktop/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/m-p/1447...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.