Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Table or graph showing the data complementary to a segmentation

Hello! I would like to create a table that shows just the opposite of what is selecting a segmenter.

For example in the image I have filtered with a segmenter, profitability from 25% to 50%, would there be some form of q a table show me the return less than 25% and greater than 50%?

FedeSalvemini_0-1622123853207.png

Thanks a lot!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Syndicate_Admin 

From your statement, I know you want to build two matrixs, one will show values in Slicer range and one will show values out of Slicer range. I think you use %Rent Col column to build a slicer directly. Due to %Rent Col column in Fact table, it will filter the table if you build a slicer by it. So you couldn't get another out of slicer range matrix. Try to build an unrelated slicer table and build a filter measure to filter your visual.

Slicer Table:

Table = VALUES(Hoja1[%Rent Col])

Filter Measure:

Filter Measure = 
VAR _Min = MIN('Table'[%Rent Col])
VAR _MAX = MAX('Table'[%Rent Col])
Return
IF(SUM(Hoja1[%Rent Col])<=_MAX&&SUM(Hoja1[%Rent Col])>=_Min,1,0)

Build two matrix visuals, add the filter measure into visuals. Left one show items =1( in range), right one show items = 0 (out of range). 

1.png

Best Regards,

Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. 

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

help!!

Hi @Syndicate_Admin 

Could you tell me whether the percentage slicer is in the same table with ASM and NOMBRS columns?

It is better to build an unrelated table to create the slicer. 

Then calculate the values less than min value in slicer or greater than max value in slicer.

If you still confused about this problem, please share an easy sample with me by your Onedrive for Business. And please show me the result you want in this sample. The screenshot you provide before is not clear. 

Best Regards,

Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. 

Thank you for your reply. I still can't fix it. I have this data table:

the slicer, or slicer, is a computed column. %Rent Col=divide(profitability/sale). I need, according to move this slicer/ slicer, to form a table with the complementary values when silcer.

FedeSalvemini_0-1622507907981.png

I want to move that slicer and have two tables, one q shows the values between slicer, and another that shows the ones outside the slicer. that's all my data

Thank you!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KRoAyJIwC57cOpA13Z9EVEekBF77gbh3/view?usp=sharing

Hi @Syndicate_Admin 

From your statement, I know you want to build two matrixs, one will show values in Slicer range and one will show values out of Slicer range. I think you use %Rent Col column to build a slicer directly. Due to %Rent Col column in Fact table, it will filter the table if you build a slicer by it. So you couldn't get another out of slicer range matrix. Try to build an unrelated slicer table and build a filter measure to filter your visual.

Slicer Table:

Table = VALUES(Hoja1[%Rent Col])

Filter Measure:

Filter Measure = 
VAR _Min = MIN('Table'[%Rent Col])
VAR _MAX = MAX('Table'[%Rent Col])
Return
IF(SUM(Hoja1[%Rent Col])<=_MAX&&SUM(Hoja1[%Rent Col])>=_Min,1,0)

Build two matrix visuals, add the filter measure into visuals. Left one show items =1( in range), right one show items = 0 (out of range). 

1.png

Best Regards,

Rico Zhou

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Syndicate_Admin , you need a disconnected slicer

measure =
Var _min = minx(allselected(Segment),profitability [profitability])
Var _max = minx(allselected(Segment),profitability [profitability])
return
calculate([AMS], filter(Table, Table[profitability]<_min && Table[profitability]>_max))

or

if profitability is a measure 

measure =
Var _min = minx(allselected(Segment),profitability [profitability])
Var _max = minx(allselected(Segment),profitability [profitability])
return
calculate([AMS], filter(values(Table[Nombre]), [profitability]<_min && [profitability]>_max))

Hello! the segmenter is a column created in the table, marked in yellow, which I would be missing for the "calculate" to be activated

FedeSalvemini_0-1622150449436.png

Thank you!

Hello I think I was able to continue with the formula but I lack, that I have to put between the calculate and the filter:

FedeSalvemini_0-1622152025657.png

Thank you!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hola, perdon por tantos mensajes, he tratado de hacer una tabla de salida, complementaria al segmentador, pero tratando de seguir su formula, me da vacia:

FedeSalvemini_0-1622155073267.png

Tabla creada: creo q no esta tomando el segmentador

FedeSalvemini_1-1622155091154.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.