Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Table of anomaly detection

Hello to all,

I'm writing to you because I use the "anomaly detection" function of Power BI :

image.png

And I would like to know if it was possible to format the found data as a measurement or something else, so that I could use it in a table or a matrix?

Thank you in advance,

Joël

8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there, have you been able to find any help with how to store the anomalies?

v-robertq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Anonymous 

According to the picture you posted, I can understand the table chart you want to get is contained with the data points that are considered as anomaly detection by Power BI. But I want to get the logic of the “Expected value” in each data point and the range of Max and Min value according to your requirement. If you can explain the logic in detail, I think I can help you to get the data that is considered as anomaly detection using DAX.

v-robertq-msft_0-1614071753451.png

As you can see, I have created some test data and set the anomaly detection for this line chart, but I can’t figure out the logic within it.

Thank you very much!

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Robert Qin

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @v-robertq-msft 

Thank you for your help first.

I simply used the "anomaly detection" tool of Power BI and defined a sensitivity threshold (red box). Below is an example of min and max values that the anomaly detector finds me:

image.png
Thanks for your help,

Joël

v-robertq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Anonymous 

According to the documents, Anomaly detection uses machine learning to detect uncommon data points in the datasets. Therefore, I think it means that these data are analyzed in real-time, and they can not be exported to the data that exists in the dataset at current.

But if you can explain the logic you want the data to have(the Expected Min value and the Expected Max value), I think I can use DAX to achieve this for you.

More info about Anomaly detection in Power BI

Best Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @v-robertq-msft 

I am taking the liberty of asking you again about my problem, do you think you have a solution that could correspond to my needs? 🙂

Thank you in advance,

Joël

Hi, @Anonymous 

Sorry for the waiting, I’ve tested and searched for a long time for the logic of the “Expected value” in the Power BI anomaly detection. But I still can’t find any solution to this. I guess this feature is developed based on Artificial Intelligence by Microsoft. Therefore, I guess that the DAX language is not good enough to achieve this.

For more help, you can go to the Developer forum of our community, maybe experts there can find a way to achieve this.

Best Regards,

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @v-robertq-msft 

Thanks anyway for your help and the time you devoted to it.

Have a nice day,

Joël

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

First of all, thank you for your interest in my post.

I would like to be able to make summaries of the detected anomalies in table form, a bit like on the example below :

image.png
Do you think this is feasible?

Have a nice day,

Joël

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.