Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

b_rice
Regular Visitor

Table Visual Conditional Measure

Hi,

Not sure if this is possible with my current data layout, but I am trying to create a conditional measure in a Table Visual that will calculate the balance for 2 types of funds (fixed & variable) in the single "Balance" column based on if there is a value in the "Contract Value" column:

b_rice_2-1674661735027.png

Calculation conditions/definitions:

• Variable (no value in "Contract Value" column): [Measure]:"Total Accrued" - [Measure]:"Total Paid"
  • Fixed (value in "Contract Value" column): "Contract Value": $X - [Measure]:"Total Paid"

Data sources/relationship:

** Yellow highlighted below = relationship between tables

** "Contract Value" column in Table Visual = 'Agreement-Provision'[Total Amount]

** 'CPConsolidated' is an Excel file; 'Agreement-Provision' is an MS Access DB table 

b_rice_3-1674663199075.png

Any help/suggestions on DAX or data layout to achieve this would be appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
sandeephijam
Helper I
Helper I

Hi b_rice,

Just a suggestion,have you tried calculated Column instead of the Measure.

Looking at your condition, I think i will be better to use calculated column instead

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
sandeephijam
Helper I
Helper I

Hi b_rice,

Just a suggestion,have you tried calculated Column instead of the Measure.

Looking at your condition, I think i will be better to use calculated column instead

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.