Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Priyambada

Stop Table scroller movement

I have a dashboard in power bi having 2 Table Visuals 1 slicer and 1 pie chart. The interaction is set None among both the tables but however whenever I select any content of Table1 the scroller of Table 2 start scrolling but table data remains unfilter. I want to stop the scroller from scrolling if I select any data of the other Table. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @v-jianpeng-msft ,

Thanks for looking into this!

So this is a default nature of the PowerBi which cannot be changed? I only wanted to make sure that both the tables are not getting affected from each other for which I did disable the interaction but wherever I select any row value of one table the other table's scroller which is having large data start to move slightly up and down but I can clearly see that their is no change in the table content.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-jianpeng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Priyambada 

This is a default effect of the matrix, and I looked up the relevant settings. When there is a large amount of data in the table, the scroll bar will automatically appear, and the two table visuals are not filtered by each other through the edit interaction. When any value of one table visual is selected, the scroll bar of the other table visual scrolls. However, it doesn't change where the data from another table visual is displayed.

vjianpengmsft_0-1715823335200.png

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly

If it does not help, please provide more details with your desired output and pbix file without privacy information (or some sample data) .

Best Regards

Jianpeng Li

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-jianpeng-msft ,

Thanks for looking into this!

So this is a default nature of the PowerBi which cannot be changed? I only wanted to make sure that both the tables are not getting affected from each other for which I did disable the interaction but wherever I select any row value of one table the other table's scroller which is having large data start to move slightly up and down but I can clearly see that their is no change in the table content.

Hi, @Priyambada 

Thank you very much for your reply. After my testing, this state currently exists in Power BI desktop and service, as shown in the following figure:

vjianpengmsft_0-1716346036584.png

vjianpengmsft_1-1716346065566.png

At this time, the stop table scroller movement function cannot be turned off. The alternative is that you can reduce the number of rows by not showing the scrollbar.

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly

If it does not help, please provide more details with your desired output and pbix file without privacy information (or some sample data) .

Best Regards

Jianpeng Li

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.