Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

tshapiro18

Standard Rate PowerBI

Hi

I have data that represents health care of a population based on age gender and socio-economic class. In my data there are columns for each of the mentioned categories as well as a numerator and denominator. for example: (column name:column content)

measure: 10.2

age group: 4

socio economic: 3

numerator:10

denominator:40

This would mean that the rate of males, in age group 4, socioeconomic class 3 for measure 10.2 (lets say, rate of flu shots given) is 10/40 (25%).

I am trying to standardize this rate to age groups of this measure. Since the population (those found in the denominator) is not equal throughout each age group. The 25% might not be statistically significant. How I would do this manually/in excel - I would created a weighted percentage based on the denominator of each measure by dividing the sum of the denominator per measure by the total denominator of that measure and then using that weight and multiplying it by that 25% mentioned above.

How can powerBI do this?

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
tshapiro18

Thank you so much!

I see the DAX calculation is specific to the measure 10.2 

I have a bunch of measures and wanted to know if we could make it specific to the measure that I've filtered. Or to each specific measure somehow.

Thank you again!

v-heq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @tshapiro18 ,

To solve your problem, here are my test data, I think you can follow these steps:

vheqmsft_0-1701145522693.png

1.You can create measure by using DAX:

weighted percentage = 
    var _pre = CALCULATE(
     MAX('Table'[Numerator]),
     FILTER('Table','Table'[Measure] = 10.2 && 'Table'[Gender] = 1 && 'Table'[Age group]=4 && 'Table'[Social economic]=3)
     )
     var _last = CALCULATE(
     MAX('Table'[Denumerator]),
     FILTER('Table','Table'[Measure] = 10.2 && 'Table'[Gender] = 1 && 'Table'[Age group]=4 && 'Table'[Social economic]=3)
     )
     VAR percentage = _pre / _last
     VAR weightedpercentage = DIVIDE(_last,CALCULATE(
        SUM('Table'[Denumerator]),
        FILTER('Table','Table'[Age group]=4 )
     ))
     RETURN
     weightedpercentage

2.final output

vheqmsft_1-1701145579307.png

I hope the method as above helps, if not, please provide more details of the problem.

In order for you to solve the problem faster, you can refer to the following documentation

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly - Microsoft Fabric Community

Best Regards,

Albert He 

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.