Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

bubbleboy

Sort within a Column

Hi there

If I have a column, namely transaction type

And within the transaction typre column, there are 3 types of transactions.

Can I create 3 seperate charts with this info?  I dont know what to do with it, as the range of the data is very  different.

Example:

Transaction Type: Car Sales = 1 250 000

Transaction Type: Bike Sales = 500 000

Transaction Type: Bicycle Sales = 500

So when you put the above numbers in the same chat, it does not look good

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@bubbleboy You can use a visual level filter. Just drop your field into a visual and go to the visual level filters and just select the transaction type you want to use. Then repeat for the other transaction types in different visuals.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

@bubbleboy You can use a visual level filter. Just drop your field into a visual and go to the visual level filters and just select the transaction type you want to use. Then repeat for the other transaction types in different visuals.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.