Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Kanellno

Snowflow schema needed? or Solution.

Hi,

I got stuck in making Snowflake Schema. 

Can anybody help me, how to develop for Cardinality with correct order please?

Its part of my invoice. 

I was going to calculate only sales by Service Group. 

Product Dimension

Kanellno_0-1666542967383.png

Product Code Product Group  Product Service           Service Group

AAirCOACHECONOMY (Air)
AAirBUSINESSBUSINESS (Air)
AAirPREMIUM ECONOMYPREMIUM ECONOMY (Air)
RRailBUSINESSBUSINESS (Rail)
RRailCOACHECONOMY (Rail)
RRailRailECONOMY (Rail)

Fact Dimension

Kanellno_1-1666542984803.png

Product CodeProduct GroupProduct Service
AAir

COACH

RRailBUSINESS

In Product Dimenstion, I newly inserted the column Service Group, which doesnt exist  in FACT Dimension. 

The problem, is that I can not make one to many cardinality. so, i guess, i need Snowflake schema. 

But, I do not have another column and data in terms of the product above in Fact dimension (invoice). 

3 REPLIES 3
speedramps
Super User
Super User

We want to help you but your description is too vaugue. Please write it again clearly.

Provide example input data as table text (not a screen print) so we can import the data to build a solution for you.
Also provide the example desired output, with a clear description of the process flow.

Keep it short and simple and remove any unneed columns.

Try ask one question per ticket. Don't cause confussion trying to solve lots or problems in one ticket.  

Remember not to share private data ... we don't want you to get into trouble. 😧

Take care to use the same table and field names in the input, output and description so we can understand your problem and help you.

You will get a quick response if you put time and effort into writing clear problem descriptions.

Vaugue descriptions can waste your time and ourtime.

Look foward to helping you when the above information is forthcoming

I updated problem, thank you

speedramps
Super User
Super User

We want to help you but your description is too vaugue. Please write it again clearly.

You hacve not provided any context or details of what you want to aggregate and report

Provide example input data as table text (not a screen print) so we can import the data to build a solution for you.
Also provide the example desired output, with a clear description of the process flow.

Remember not to share private data ... we don't want you to get into trouble. 😧

Take care to use the same table and field names in the input, output and description so we can understand your problem and help you.

You will get a quick response if you put time and effort into writing clear problem descriptions.

Vaugue descriptions can waste your time and ourtime.

Look foward to helping you when the above information is forthcoming

It does look more like a star schema is required ..

DimProduct:-

Product SK   (a surrogate key eg 1,2,3,4,5)
Product code
Product group

DimSerivice:-
Service SK  (a surrogate key eg 1,2,3,4,5)
Product Service
Service group

FactProductService:-
Product SK
Service SK

Thanks for reaching out for help.

I put in a lot of effort to help you, now please quickly help me by giving kudos.

Remember we are unpaid volunteers and here to coach you with Power BI and DAX skills and techniques, not do the users job for them. So please click the thumbs up and accept as solution button. 

If you give someone a fish then you only give them one meal, but if you teach them how to fish then they can feed themselves and teach others for a lifetime.  I prefer to teach members on this forum techniques rather give full solutions and do their job. You can then adapt the technique for your solution, learn some DAX skills for next time and soon become a Power BI Super User like me. 

One question per ticket please. If you need to extend your request then please raise a new ticket.

You will get a quicker response and each volunteer solver will get the kudos they deserve. Thank you ! 

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.