Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Jasonvl
Frequent Visitor

Slicers for different columns in one visual?

Hi,

I'm sure this is a simple request but my DAX / M skills are minimal so hopefully someone can give me some guidance on this.

I would like to know how to link two date slicers to individual columns in one visual so I can compare year on year?

I've provided an example below, the table at the bottom is one visual which currently contains duplicate source columns and the filters are also duplicates. The National slicer controls the Nat Avg columns and the Year slicer controls the GLD columns. I would like to seperate this control so that left set of slicers only control the first two columns and the right set of slicers control the second two columns independantly.

Exmaple.png

The Nat Avg column is just a set of fixed %'s linked to years so hopefully that's not too difficult but the GLD column is a measure based on other data which I imagine needs to have something added to the current DAX / M ( I can never remember which is which, I think this is DAX?) formula -

Result (GLD Yes) = (COUNTROWS(filter('1 Pupil_Assessments','1 Pupil_Assessments'[Result]="Y")))/(COUNTROWS(filter('1 Pupil_Assessments','1 Pupil_Assessments'[Result]<>"D" && '1 Pupil_Assessments'[Result]<>"J" && '1 Pupil_Assessments'[Result]<>"L")))

I know I can create seperate visuals and link the slicers via edit interactions but I'm trying to duplicate what was in an excel sheet originally and this takes up less real estate hopefully.

Do I need to duplicate the table so I have different source data columns but then I'm still unsure how to link one slicer to one column.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Just had another thought, I guess I could use seperate visuals but set them up in such a way that they overlap to look like one visual and format them so one stays in front of the other, not sure if that's possible but will investigate.

Regards, Jason.

1 REPLY 1
Jasonvl
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

Just a quick response to see if anyone has any ideas on this please?

Regards, Jason.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.