Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Slicer to change source column based on other slicer

Hello, I hope the request below is clear enough...

I have a table that looks like the below. I would like to be able to do the following in order to make a presentation to my customers, i.e. the operators A, B, C, D mentioned in the table. I will have to meet the customers separately.

- My customers are interested is seeing a bar chart with their values (Failure Index) against time, but also against a "similarly sized" operator which would have to be anonymised. So I need the bar chart to show 2 series of columns: for example when presenting to "Operator A", one bar should be called "Operator A" and one should be called "Similar Operator" in the legend.

- Say that for example Operator B is a similarly sized operator that I could show next to Operator A for comparison.

- What I thought I could do is adding a calculated column in Power BI called "Operator A comparison" and create a DAX statement like" IF Operator = "Operator A" then "Operator A" ; IF Operator = "Operator B" then "Similar Operator"

- Then I would create a bar chart to show failures against time, with the two series "Operator A" and "Similar Operator"

Problem is: what if I then go to Operator B for a presentation? I would like to also have the reversed, i.e. a bar chart with 2 series "Operator B" and "Similar Operator" which would be the anonymised version of "Operator A".

I could in theory create another calculated column with "Operator B" and "Similar Operator" using a similar DAX statement than above, however how can I setup the bar chart to automatically switch to the other calculated column when I am presenting to Operator B, as opposed to presenting to Operator A? Can I setup a "dynamic" slicer that when selected for example to "Operator A" would automatically tell the bar chart to refer to the correct calculated colum, i.e. the one that has "Operator A" and "Similar Operator"?

Thank you.

DateOperatorModelFailure index
2-Jan-17AFerrari2
20-Jan-17BBMW3
31-Jan-17APorche4
1-Feb-17CFerrari2
23-Feb-17DFerrari3
24-Feb-17CBMW45
18-Mar-17APorche23
19-Mar-17AFerrari2
10-Apr-17CPorche13
11-Apr-17BBMW5
3-May-17BFerrari4
4-May-17DFerrari2
26-May-17DFerrari2
27-May-17APorche3
18-Jun-17DBMW4
19-Jun-17ABMW6
11-Jul-17CPorche4
12-Jul-17BFerrari3
3-Aug-17CPorche23
4-Aug-17DBMW45
26-Aug-17CBMW7
27-Aug-17APorche65
18-Sep-17CPorche4
19-Sep-17DFerrari43
11-Oct-17BPorche45
12-Oct-17ABMW6
3-Nov-17CFerrari5
4-Nov-17DPorche33
26-Nov-17FFerrari4
27-Nov-17CPorche5
19-Dec-17BBMW54
20-Dec-17BFerrari3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Anonymous

Hi. the Quick Way is Filter A & B Operator in The Editor.

Victor

Lima - Peru

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Vvelarde
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Anonymous

Note: To a Quick result First you can filter A & B Operator.

Hi You can use Parameters:

Parameter1.png

After That Use a Conditional Column:

Parameter2.png

Close & Apply

Now in your Chart

Parameter3.png

Now to change to Operator B

Parameter4.png

Parameter5.png

OK. Apply Changes 

And your chart look now:

Parameter6.png

Regards

Victor

Lima -Peru

Lima - Peru
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Victor,

That way the "Similar" operator is everybody but A. I would like only Operator B to be the "similar operator" and would like to exclude all the other operators.

@Anonymous

Hi. the Quick Way is Filter A & B Operator in The Editor.

Victor

Lima - Peru
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great! Thanks a lot.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.