Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

AndrewB1
Regular Visitor

Slicer - Prior period file date set by current period in slicer

Hello,

I have a visualization table that is filtered by a slicer using the File Date column in my data set. The file date is in month and year format. The slicer is used to detail the number of risks by severity (High, Medium, Low) in a specfic period, eg October 2023. 

I created a second visualization table that shows the same information, but for the prior period. I currently use a second slicer, targetted to this table only, that is manually set to the prior period eg September 2023. 

Is it possible for the first slicer (current file date) to control the prior period slicer? I have already added a coulmn in the data that calculates the prior period, based off of the current file date. The issue with using this column in a slicer is that if a risk has been removed in the period (eg risk DEF456), then it wouldnt show that issue when filtered for September (its not in the October dataset, see below) 

Risk IDRatingCurrent File DatePrior File Date
ABC123ModerateSeptember 2023August 2023
DEF456ModerateSeptember 2023August 2023
ABC123ModerateOctober 2023September 2023

Any help would be much appreciated. 

Thanks!

Andrew

2 REPLIES 2
v-stephen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @AndrewB1 ,

You can try to tick "Show items with no data.

vstephenmsft_1-1703580086985.png

Or you can try creating a calendar.

Creating Calendar Table in Power BI using DAX Functions - RADACAD

Best Regards,

Stephen Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.           

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

You need to add a date column to your data model, and then use EDATE(-1)

Please provide sample data that covers your issue or question completely, in a usable format (not as a screenshot).

Do not include sensitive information or anything not related to the issue or question.

If you are unsure how to upload data please refer to https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-provide-sample-data-in-the-Power-BI-...

Please show the expected outcome based on the sample data you provided.

Want faster answers? https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Desktop/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/m-p/1447...

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.