Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Skip Blank in column Chart

Hi All,
i Am trying to create a dynamic bar chart, the ultimate theme of the chart is to show comparision between the selected measures.
So what i did is First i created table called Measure with column name as Select Measure which contains 4 values {current year, Sales,Budget,previous year sales, Estimation} then i Created 4 measures like below

D.CY Sales = IF(CONTAINS('11_Measure','11_Measure'[Select Measure],"CY Sales"),[CY Sales],blank())
D.PY Sales = IF(CONTAINS('11_Measure','11_Measure'[Select Measure],"PY Sales"),[PY Sales],blank())
D.Budget = IF(CONTAINS('11_Measure','11_Measure'[Select Measure],"Budget"),[Budget],blank())
D.Forecast = IF(CONTAINS('11_Measure','11_Measure'[Select Measure],"Forecast"),[Forecast],blank())
And i put these in the column But the issue is when particular measure is selected it is showing blank space in the bar chart as below
SanthoshKumar_S_0-1647628206040.png

I even tried to take the first non blank value from the slicer and change the measure according to it but issue with that is i can only take first and last non blank value i can't take the second ans third value. also showing legend is bit more confusing in that approach. Any idea on this?

1 REPLY 1
vanessafvg
Super User
Super User

can you share how you are plotting  this on the visual?  I am not fully understanding what you are trying to achieve?

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.