Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Jocelyn
Helper I
Helper I

Similar as power bi dataflow

Jocelyn_0-1634713850276.png

hi team, morning! i would like to do something like this in the diagram ,however , i dont have premium version to access powerbi dataflow. May i know what is the alternative i can use to perform similar function ? Basically, i would like to 1) Appending Historical Data to New Data 2) refresh and provide real time update for new data with each refresh. Appreciate if you could share with me your thoughts
3 REPLIES 3
Jocelyn
Helper I
Helper I

hihi, the blog that you shared are solutions for users which has Paid version. Do you have alternate solutions using free version?

Hi @Jocelyn ,

You can try the second method which I refer in my previous post by using DAX UNION and disable the option “Include in Report Refresh”:

Incremental Load in Power BI using DAX UNION

yingyinr_0-1635217630376.png

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Jocelyn ,

It seems that you are trying to add new data and only refresh the new data while keeping the historical data. Please check the content in the following links, hope they are helpful for you.
1. Configure incremental refresh

All You Need to Know About the Incremental Refresh in Power BI: Load Changes Only

Keep The Existing Data In Your Power BI Dataset And Add New Data To It Using Incremental Refresh

yingyinr_0-1634894686658.png

2. Use DAX UNION

Incremental Load in Power BI using DAX UNION

yingyinr_1-1634894707372.png

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.