Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

SamTrott
Helper I
Helper I

Showing visual values as percentages by axis

So I have a visual (tried to insert a picture but apparently I don't have permission so I'll do my best to explain this without the visual aid) that is a stacked area chart with showing two lines over the course of many months. When I change the values to Percentage of grand total by right clicking it and selecting show as percantage of grand total. Rather than showing me the numbers as a percentage of total numbers for that time period it instead shows me the percentage against the all the time entries added up together.

That probably doesn't make any sense but I can't do much about it if I can't insert an image to show you what I mean. Either way my question is what do I have to do to for the percentage to be weighed by the Axis rather than the legend. 

2 REPLIES 2
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@SamTrott 

You may refer to the posts below.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi, 

I feel like the measure provided in that first link is what I need. I presume the [count] is referring to the measure where the values are currently coming from? I'm unsure on what does Category represent here?

Measure =
DIVIDE (
    SUM ( Table1[Count] ),
    CALCULATE ( SUM ( Table1[Count] ), ALLSELECTED ( Table1[Category] ) )
)

For reference, the formula I'm using to get the current values looks something like this.

Count of Cases Resolved = CALCULATE(COUNTROWS(Filter(Incident,[statecode]="Resolved" && [resolutioncode]<>"Duplicate")), USERELATIONSHIP(Incident[resolutiondatekey], Date[datekey]))

Thank you for your help.

Edit: The more I look at it the more I think I need to completely rewrite my first measure but I don't have the technical knowhow to translate the measure provided through that link to something I can use on my Dataset.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.