Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Analitika
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Showing not all data in visual in Power BI

Hello,

I would like to ask, why visual contains less information than it is in table (DB). Like in DB table are 20 values but then I put that column in visual it shows about 10 only, why it happens. I checked no additional filter is added to visual. Columns are picked up from one table, three columns from same table. I don't get the reason of not showing all data as expected.

12 REPLIES 12
FarhanAhmed
Community Champion
Community Champion

Data gets grouped in any visual.

Since your table in DB contains 20 rows. The possiblty of 3 columns may contains total 10 distinct values out of 20 therefore you are able to view 10 rows only in visual. If you put a COUNT measure in your visual it will give you a clear perspective about summarizing the rows.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!

AntonioM
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Do you have duplicate values in the columns? Power BI will automatically aggregate them into a list of unique values if so. 

It shows less distinct values than DB table. No, it is not related with duplicate. That's weird that visual contains less distinct rows thant in DB table. In DB table are as example 10 distinct rows but in visual shows 5 distinct rows. Why that happens?

Please could you show what is happening?

What values are there in your column (and which are missing) and are there any other columns in the visual?

Analitika_0-1652262958556.png

That data is in table (DB) but when I put that in visual I see just two rows With cinema and rocker, Sporting is missing. So if I see three rows in DB table, then thre rows should be in visual.

Ok, I've set up a table exactly as yours is there

AntonioM_0-1652263217279.png

Are you doing anything more than just adding them to a table? I've added the columns in and the only problem is if you include value, then you need to use 'show items with no data' to see all the rows.

AntonioM_2-1652263341042.png

AntonioM_3-1652263350681.png

AntonioM_4-1652263375677.png

Do you have any other tables that are linked to this one? Just in case any other filters are propagating.

It is contain value, 8, rocker value is 8.

Ok, but even without a value it still shows up. Can you post a screenshot of your visual where the rows are missing?

Yeah selecting showing without value that row appears without values

Please could you share the visual?

Analitika_0-1652266810698.png

Data in DB table. but Darbuotoju is empty in visual:

Analitika_1-1652266885369.png

in visual no type darbuotoju. Values from table above

Ok, I'm not sure why it's not including that.

Are there any filters at all applied to the visual (even for other tables)?

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.