Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

timothyh
Regular Visitor

Showing data as percentage

I have a column in my report that needs to show as percentage (%). When I change the field under Column Tools, it changes the percentage to much different totals. Example - changes 12.06 to 1206%. It needs to show as 12.06%. How can I fix the percentage totals to show them as their accurate totals.

The first example is how the totals look when changing the column to %. The second is how the totals like as a general total. These are the correct numbers, need to have them show as %.

timothyh_0-1647524901216.png

timothyh_1-1647524995962.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AlexanderPrime
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

I'd just use a Divide function in Transform Data to divide the values by 100 for the entire column of [Open Rate]

Percentages in Power BI assume 1 is 100% so you'll need to adapt the figures with that in mind. 

Please note - I am not affiliated with Microsoft, I'm just an end user like yourself.
Just a regular guy doin' Data Science.

If my post has helped you, please don't forget to thumbs up or click "Accept as solution" if it solved your problem!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
AlexanderPrime
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

I'd just use a Divide function in Transform Data to divide the values by 100 for the entire column of [Open Rate]

Percentages in Power BI assume 1 is 100% so you'll need to adapt the figures with that in mind. 

Please note - I am not affiliated with Microsoft, I'm just an end user like yourself.
Just a regular guy doin' Data Science.

If my post has helped you, please don't forget to thumbs up or click "Accept as solution" if it solved your problem!

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.