Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

kimrhansen
Frequent Visitor

Search in Slicer visual

Hi All,

I am facing an issue in the Slicer visual. I have enabled the searh box.

Then I have some data shown on a line chart showing some large increase in an KPI. When I right click and select "See Records" I am able to see what customer id (primary key) shows the larges increase in the specific KPI.

Now I want to look only at this customer's time series for all my various visuals. So I create a Slicer visual with search enabled and with customer id as "Field".

The problem is now that I am able to scroll down to the sepcific customer id, but when I start typing in the search box the customer id is not found. In reality it means that the Slicer is useless since I have approximately 125k records.

I am running on the may 2017 version of pbi desktop with all preview features enabled. 

5 REPLIES 5
prathy
Advocate III
Advocate III

Hi,

Slicer with Search should work. I would suggest to double check that the Customer you are looking at is definetly avaibale in the slicer, no other visuals are filtering slicer visual.

Prathy

It does not work. I do not know if it is due to large dataset or that I am using "Direct Query"

Ok, right now I dont have a model with Direct Query to test. Can you remove direct query and try?

Also limit to small dataset and try. Then you can indentify, if they are causing any issue.

Regards,

Prathy

vanessafvg
Super User
Super User

im finding it difficult to visualise what you saying ,provide some visuals please with explanations

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!

See below. First figure is from see records. From here I identify "1234567890" as showing the largest value of interest. 

But how does he look on all other visuals, just for him.

There I would like to be able to search him in my slicer visual. But as you can see, the search slicer shows up empty.

(I have of course inserted dummy keys here)

From "See Records"From "See Records"From Slicer visualFrom Slicer visual

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Fabric Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.