Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Scheduled emails that respect RLS

I have a report that works properly with RLS, every time a user enters the report they can only see what is linked to their email address.

The agents need to see a daily report of their cases so I scheduled a subscription for these emails, however, the emails reach the agents with the information of the entire report, that is, it is not filtered by your email respecting the rules of RLS.

Is there a way that the emails that reach the different agents respect these rules and only their filtered information reaches them?

1 REPLY 1
VijayP
Super User
Super User

@Syndicate_Admin 

For power bi subscriptions the static image goes as per the Original owner's subscription on image and email body!

However the report to the link will show only required information!!

Copied below text from the link 

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/collaborate-share/end-user-subscribe?tabs=creator

Row-level security (RLS)

• For Power BI reports, dashboards, or paginated reports that use a dataset with row-level security (RLS), use caution when creating subscriptions for yourself and others. Power BI will warn you that the data contains RLS, but customers often scroll past the warning message.

The static image sent in the subscription email will display data based on the owner of the subscription. For this reason, when creating subscriptions, be careful to ensure that confidential information isn't included in the static image. Other than that static image, the report or dashboard itself will open (or not) and display data based on the user's permissions.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos!!
MY Blog || My YouTube Channel || Connect with me on Linkedin || My Latest Data Story - Ageing Analysis

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.