Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

ffunky
Helper I
Helper I

Sameperiodlastyear not working in "Analyze in Excel"

Hello all!

I have a data model and fairly basic sales grid that shows sales this year and, utilizing the Sameperiodlastyear function, shows last year Sales.  In PowerBI, it works fine, but when I connect to the data model via Excel, it doesn't seem to understand how to show the last year numbers.  I'd like for some folks to use this model to do basic ad-hoc reports, but this seems to be a deal breaker for using Excel.  Any ideas?

PBI:

pbi.PNG

Excel (Last year blank):

excel.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Sorry for wasting your time - I was using the week number field from the data table instead of the calendar table.  it's working now

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-diye-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ffunky 

I just tested it and it works fine on my side, would you mind sharing your dummy pbix that I can dig it further ?

Community Support Team _ Dina Ye
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.

Sorry for wasting your time - I was using the week number field from the data table instead of the calendar table.  it's working now

Hi @ffunky 

Great to know you have fixed it, please kindly mark the answer as solution to finish the thread. thanks a lot!

Community Support Team _ Dina Ye
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.