Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

RyanCurtis

Salesforce Objects in PowerBI Desktop

Hi all, 

I'm trying to build something fairly basic in Power BI (or so I thought!)

I've pulled in four Salesforce tables, joined on standard fields:

• Campaign (joined to Campaign Member on CM.Campaign ID to C.ID)
  • Campaign Member (joined to Lead on CM.LeadID to L.ID)
  • Lead (joined to user on L.CreatedByID to U.ID)
  • User

My table visual contains:

• CreatedDate from Lead
  • Name from Lead (renamed Lead Name)
  • Link to Lead from Lead (custom column, made by concatenating text with Lead ID to make a URL)
  • Name from User (renamed Created By)
  • Name from Campaign (renamed Campaign)

I've selected "Show items with no data" in the columns part of build visual, with the intent to see leads created by user without a campaign.  

This has given the desired visual, showing all leads, but with blank in the Campaign column where there's no entry in the campaign table.

However, I'm unable to filter on blanks in the Campaign filter.  There's no option in the basic filtering, and choosing "is blank" in the advanced filtering brings back nothing at all, just clears my table.

Also odd, is that turning the Link to Lead column into hyperlinks using conditional formatting only converts them where there's a result in the Campaign column.

I'm wondering if someone could possibly explain to me why that might be happening?  Hopefully the explanation makes sense, it's hard to explain properly without showing but that would breach company policy!

Level of experience on PowerBI = pretty much absolute beginner, but have some SQL knowledge so not all concepts are foreign.

Thanks in advance,

Ryan

2 REPLIES 2
RyanCurtis

Hey Scott, thanks for your reply!  I've spend about 3 hours trying various measures, custom columns, merged queries, creating new tables etc, but nothing is solving the issue 😞

v-tianyich-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @RyanCurtis ,

Don't know much about the whole filtering process, but you could try using measure = IF(ISBLANK([Name]), “Yes”, “No”). Set measure to is “Yes” in the filter.

Hope it helps!

Best regards,
Community Support Team_ Scott Chang

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.