Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

AGCL
Frequent Visitor

SWITCH Measure

Hello community,

I'm in a hardship while trying to use the SWITCH function to make my chart figure out a dynamic legend and colors.

As you can see here, I have a legend that interpret my data with two different metrics :

AGCL_0-1665686683609.png

So when I use the slicer to filter it I would like to the filtered data to return 2 different colors and to show on the legend as well, the other possibility that I have right now is to remove the legend and return all the different data with a singular color, however, when I use the slicer all the legend remains at he chart :

Captura de tela 2022-10-13 155051.png

Could you enlighten me how I can proper use the SWITCH measure in this case ? Other solutions are very welcome as well.

Thank you in advance

2 REPLIES 2
v-zhangti
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @AGCL 

Sample data:

vzhangti_0-1665732271611.png

Is this the result you expect?

vzhangti_1-1665732309450.png

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Charlotte

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Technically yes, however, I would like to keep my slicer with the main specification while it brings forth the two different data and interpret them as two different for the same main think.

Exemple : Dell - I can have data with 2 Dell different notebooks, but they are still Dell, so when I slice Dell they are suppose to appear at the chart with two different colors and legends

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.